PUBLISHING JOURNALS IN OPEN ACCESS
All the journal of the „Vasile Goldiș” University Press are published in open access on the journals’ websites. There are no APCs (article processing charges) for journals.
PUBLISHING BOOKS IN OPEN ACCESS
For the publication of open access books, our Press charges a minimal publication fee as follows:
- Book publication (below 500 pages): 2.100 EUR
- Book publication (over 500 pages): 2.500 EUR
- Individual fee for a sole article published in open access: 200 EUR
WHAT DOES THE BOOK PUBLICATION FEE INCLUDE?
Our publication fees are minimal and they cover the following services: the editorial and technical process, graphic design, online hosting, ensuring accessibility and free access to all readers, competitive considerations, market conditions. Adjustments in APCs are under regular review and are subject to change.
In particular circumstances, the publication fees can be waived.
In case of open access books, the Press will only retain the right for sales and distribution, otherwise the copyright stays with the author. Therefore, authors will have the right to:
- Share their article for personal and scholarly purposes (including scholarly rights to create certain derivative works), as long as they give proper attribution and credit to the published work
- Retain patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights (including raw research data).
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
All articles published in open access are subject to a Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial (CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0) licence which allows users to copy and share the article, provided original work is properly cited and that this is not done for commercial purposes. Users may not remix, transform, or build upon the material and may not distribute the modified material. All open access articles are identified by the Creative Commons copyright statement which appears on the first page of each article.
Should you like to publish a book in open access or you have further questions about our open access program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.